Poetry: Love Notes to Him



Like a Pestle to a Mortar my chest pounds
Like an eruption, my heart explodes
Like a vanishing light my state drops
Like a rushing and fierce wind, thoughts rape my minds in rounds
Like landslides my countenance hits bottom
Like a beach, my emotions erodes

Ma-guy, Ma-guy, wasn't goodbye worth waiting 
Oh Ma-eyes, Ma-eyes, they sigh in grief for they cant beam you nigh
Cold is my ink
Cold are my manuscripts
Cold is my countenance
Colder than Cold, Coldest Cold
Haaaa Egbon Mii...

Ok-bar was the Union and
Ok-bar was the Last we saw
A lively, friendly and an easy countenance
Round-table seem no longer round
Boarded a bus and alighted at Ok-bar and I heard your usual "How far nah"
In joy, I raised my gaze only to realize it were all memories 
Days have gone by and I still find it hard to say goodbye
Words failed, words still fail me and words may continue to fail me.

Rest On Friend
Rest On Friend
Adieu! Adieu Adieu!

Drake Omonode

Comments