Poem & Poetry: When is Tomorrow

When is tomorrow when today seem impossible to survive

When is tomorrow when today gives no hopes of seeing Tomorrow 

When is tomorrow when yesterday seems not different from the tomorrow of yesterday 
When is tomorrow when all the yesterdays have been worse than the yesterdays of yesterday

Why speak of Tomorrow when today seem so hopeless and agonizing 
Why speak of tomorrow when you can help me today 
Why tell me Tomorrow when you are not sure of Tomorrow 
When is Tomorrow when those of yesterday outlive the children of today 
How come yesterday  (children) is sure of Tomorrow but today (children) isn't sure of a Tomorrow 
How come yesterday buries today and assures Tomorrow of a Better Tomorrow 

When is my Tomorrow when my today's three jobs is not an assurance that I will survive today
How is my Tomorrow, when yesterday calls me "lazy youths" despite all my three jobs,
Where is my Tomorrow, when my yesterday sits in political offices to decide about my Tomorrow 

How come today is an instrument to ensure a Tomorrow of a yesterday and not today 
How come today dreams of no Tomorrow but yesterday is assured of a Tomorrow 

Awaaaah! I am hurt, hurt because my fellow todays died while protecting the political future of yesterdays
My eyes are red because my fellow todays teargassed my eyes in the process of protecting yesterday's future (Tomorrow)
Where is my Tomorrow, when my today's take-home cannot take me home 
When is my Tomorrow, when everything in today doubts seeing another today (Tomorrow)

How can Children of Today become leaders of Tomorrow when they can't even survive today 

How can today lead Tomorrow when Tomorrow has been sold by today to yesterday
Children of Today now even die more often than children of yesterday 

Haaaaa! 
When is Tomorrow 
When is my Tomorrow 
When is our Tomorrow 

When! When!! When!!!

Drake Omonode

Comments