POEMS: Tribute to Yesterday

                                                                Tribute to Yesterday

                                                                By Drake Omonode

At dawn you were born

And dawn you were gone

Such a short life span but has yet left men with memories

Memories with a solution of sweetness and bitterness

Normal it is to wish you Rest in Peace but I wont because you owe me

Demand I that you pay the Debt in full before I bid thee farewell

My mother was here yesterday

Uncle Apa was here yesterday

Uncle Rob was here yesterday

Some of my classmates where here yesterday

My coach was here yesterday

Since you left I can no longer find them

I bid thee to tell me thrie whereabouts

Uncle Apa seem no longer to drive his green Mercedes and uncle seem not to smile at me again

Ok I am sorry for screaming at you. I am not here for troubles, I just want to ask you for them that Is all

Ok can you pls spend a day in today, is that too much, ok spend 5mins.

Indeed you owe us as a nation, and need you we to pay in full

You need to open the secrets that died with you

You need to come back to say all the truths that are now lost in you

Howver, I am not because I know God will Judge you too on the last day.

Don’t rest in Peace, till we meet at the Judgement Conference

 

Mama, Uncle and Friends, I say Adiue! Adiue!! Adiue!!!


Comments