Poetry: Console me not Calm me not


Console me not Calm me not


By 
Drake Omonode

Console me not
Calm me not
Pls permit me to think today a yesterday that will always be in a tomorrow
If you will, then I damned to thinking
Thinking about smiles
That are lost beyond miles
Thinking about memories
That are now nothing but Vistas of painful stories
Thinking about encounters
that have suddenly become joy-drowners
Thinking about a day that looks like today but in reality a lost yesterday
Thinking about links with lost friends that seems to have no ends
Thinking about a time we said "tomorrow we play more" but now seem to be "till we meet to part no more"
Dry not my tears
They are love-notes to my friends of lost yester-years
Console me not
Calm me not
Allow me grieve today
For today I have chosen to Cleve to an Unforgettable yesterday.
A yesterday that will always be in another tomorrow.
Rest On Friends! Rest On.....
Adieu! Adieu!! Adieu!

Rest till we meet to no longer say Goodbyes.....

Drake Omonode.

In Loving memory of all my departed Secondary school mates.

Comments